About the Course
Previously known as Apply first aid or Senior first aid, this training course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide First Aid response, life support, management of casualties / the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Industry standard recommendation to maintain current competency is for this course to be refreshed every 3 years, with the CPR component to be refreshed annually.
Why Train with Us?
- Completed in 1 Day (face to face)
- No pre course assessment required
- Practical workplace skills based delivery and assessment
- Delivery by trainers with hands on real life experience
- Flexible delivery options:
Our Albany training rooms for scheduled courses or custom sessions for small to large groups
Custom Workplace Delivery for small to large groups
Scheduled or custom courses in our Albany Training Centre
- $160 per participant
- $149 per participant for group bookings (10 or more)
Workplace delivery (within 50km of our Bunbury or Albany training centre)
- $179 per participant (minimum 6 participants)
- $160 per participant (10 or more)
Courses outside a 50 km radius will be subject to a travelling fee.
- Observation assessments where you are required to demonstrate the correct first aid procedures for:
choking & airway obstruction
bleeding control and treatment of shock
fractures, sprains and strains and slings
allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
respiratory distress (asthma)
2. Structured activity where you are to complete an incident report
3. Knowledge quiz where you need to answer all questions correctly
It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.