All First Aid and Resuscitation Training Suspended
In line with a recommendation issued by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) to postpone all teaching of routine first aid and resuscitation courses we have regrettably suspended our first aid and CPR training services. The suspension will remain in place until the COVID-19 pandemic has abated and expert consensus opinion is that there is no longer an unnecessary risk involved in participating in a course.
The ARC recommends that the requirement for resuscitation training and re-certification be considered in the light of the current concerns. We recommend that individual regulatory bodies requiring currency in first aid and resuscitation be contacted directly for clarification of possible exemptions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will monitor ARC recommendations and advise when it is safe to resume training.
We apologise for any inconvenience but I am sure you will understand the necessity for the suspension.
About the Course
Previously known as Apply first aid or Senior first aid, this training course will give you the skills and knowledge required to provide First Aid response, life support, management of casualties / the incident and other first aiders, in a range of situations, including in the home, workplace or within the community, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Industry standard recommendation to maintain current competency is for this course to be refreshed every 3 years, with the CPR component to be refreshed annually.
Why Train with Us?
- Completed in 1 Day (face to face)
- No pre course assessment required
- Practical workplace skills based delivery and assessment
- Delivery by trainers with hands on real life experience
- Flexible delivery options:
Our Albany training rooms for scheduled courses or custom sessions for small to large groups
Custom Workplace Delivery for small to large groups
Scheduled or custom courses in our Albany Training Centre
- $179 per participant
- $160 per participant for group bookings (10 or more)
Workplace delivery (within 50km of our Bunbury or Albany training centre)
- $179 per participant (minimum 6 participants)
- $160 per participant (10 or more)
Courses outside a 50 km radius will be subject to a travelling fee.
- Observation assessments where you are required to demonstrate the correct first aid procedures for:
choking & airway obstruction
bleeding control and treatment of shock
fractures, sprains and strains and slings
allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
respiratory distress (asthma)
2. Structured activity where you are to complete an incident report
3. Knowledge quiz where you need to answer all questions correctly
It is a requirement of this course that practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.